Saturday, August 9, 2008

What is your but?

Last night at Celebrate Recovery, we talked about worship... what does it mean to worship God?

a few answers we recieved were :

You loving on Jesus and letting Jesus love on you (a personal favorite of mine) , and praising Him...

Is that all it is though? Praising Him?

We should worship God not only through song, but through actions and attitude as well-  I like to think of worship as a lifestyle, not just one thing you do for God.

So while we were talking, we came to the conclusion that true worship would include giving ALL of your life to God.  But we all know how hard that can be!

So my question to you and what we posed to the kids last night, is what is your but?

Lord, I'll give you all of my life but.... (insert something hard to give up here)

For me, my biggest "but" is God I'm giving you all of my life but I can't get past the things in my past that have hurt me or made me doubt who You are in my life...

Emotionally, I've been through a heck of a lot in the past few months-and God has blessed me greatly but I still harbor hard feelings for some of the moments I missed out on. Most importantly I have a hard time understanding why as a mother  I missed one of the most important moments in my life... When my little boy was born I couldn't see him because I was almost blind.  What should have been one of the happiest moments of my life, turned into one of despair for me... I cannot understand why that moment was taken away from me. I developed severe cataracts pretty rapidly at the end of my pregnancy, and because of that I wasn't able to see my little boy and my sweet Kyley again until Elijah was 7 weeks old.

Thing is, I know that God is faithful, I just have a hard time surrendering that doubt and despair in my life to Him...

Lord, help me to be more like You- to know that Your will is perfect and that You will put nothing more on me than I can bear! Lord, help me to surrender my feelings to You and become at peace with the things life brings my way because YOU are always on my side!

No comments:

Post a Comment