Monday, August 4, 2008

4 months and counting...

So yesterday, Elijah officially turned 4 months old! Where has time gone? Tomorrow is his well visit and I can't wait to see how much he weighs...

I have to say though that I'm a bit nervous- I love our pedi but in the past because Elijah is on the small side, he's pushed me to supplement with formula.  I have prayed about it and feel at peace with the decision to not supplement and continue nursing him exclusively for now.  Funny thing is, I'm not worried about Elijah, I know he's healthy- it's the confrontation with the pedi about why I didn't follow his advice that I'm concerned about. I really like our pedi and I respect him as a doctor. In every other thing we've had to see him for I've been 100% behind him- but this one thing I just cannot get over.  Why do we let dr's make us feel so inferior to them? I mean sure they've been to school to do what they do- but I've fully researched to make my decision on whether to supplement or not.  *sigh* I wish having kids and life in general wasn't so complicated LOL  anyhow- on to Elijah :) He's growing so fast and I cannot wait to see him grow even more over there next few months!  Here is a pic I took of him last night- Happy 4 months little man!

[caption id="" align="aligncenter" width="360" caption="Elijah 4 months!!"]Elijah 4 months!![/caption]

No comments:

Post a Comment