Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Last night's dinner.

Don't forget to join us for our fundraiser to Bring Baby Hugs Home!! Don't forget when you click on Cheryl's link to go to the party titled Baby Hugs Fundraiser and click BUY next to that!!! 



Ok, So I've been in a rut and I felt like I was making the same thing every week for dinner.  So last night I tried something new.   A friend sent me the link and it sounded great so I thought, hey why not, let's try it and it was mostly things I already had on hand. 

So. We tried it.     Garlicky Pasta with Tomatoes and Basil

Ingredients

  • 3 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
  • 3 garlic cloves, minced
  • 5 cups chopped plum tomatoes (about 2 pounds)
  • 6 cups hot cooked campanella (about 12 ounces uncooked pasta)
  • 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
  • 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
  • 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Preparation

  • Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add chopped tomatoes; cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Add pasta, basil, cheese, salt, and pepper, tossing gently to combine.

No comments:

Post a Comment