Ok, So I've been in a rut and I felt like I was making the same thing every week for dinner. So last night I tried something new. A friend sent me the link and it sounded great so I thought, hey why not, let's try it and it was mostly things I already had on hand.
So. We tried it. Garlicky Pasta with Tomatoes and Basil
- 3 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups chopped plum tomatoes (about 2 pounds)
- 6 cups hot cooked campanella (about 12 ounces uncooked pasta)
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh basil
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add minced garlic; sauté 30 seconds. Add chopped tomatoes; cook for 2 minutes or until thoroughly heated, stirring occasionally. Add pasta, basil, cheese, salt, and pepper, tossing gently to combine.