Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Mosquitos.

Holy Cow Mosquitos Batman!
I'll spare you all the images, but apparently my youngest has a pretty adverse reaction to mosquito bites. YIKES!
We knew Elijah was allergic (though Kyley is not and her skin seems to be more sensitive?!), but his reaction wasn't bad.   But Asher has raised the bar. His reactions to them are ridiculous!
Anyways, so I'm looking for some advice.  I'm looking at a few different type of bug bands (bracelets that repel mosquitoes) but I don't want to waste my money on something if it doesn't work. Which is where you guys come in!I came across a 3 pack of these type bands at CVS this week. It was the only package they had, so I grabbed them, though we haven't had time to try them out yet. Have any of you tried these?


I also found these, and I believe these are like one we bought for Elijah a few summers ago and I felt like it worked well but it was pretty stiff and Elijah hated wearing it.


ButI have also been looking at these...

and these...



Do any of you have any experience with them? I really am not sure if they work or not, which is why I haven't committed to buying any certain one yet but I have to do something because my poor boy is covered in bites and they swell up and get hard with a knot in them and just look awful :( poor baby :(

2 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any. I am sorry I am not much help. I have Thermacell repeller I love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let me know what you figure out! I've thought about trying the bracelets and my dad recommends thermacell. We sprayed our yard with something that was supposed to work for 1 month. It worked great for 3 weeks, we were finally able to play outside again.When Carl sprayed the yard again, it's like they had mutated to resist it. They were just awful and poor JJ got eat up. I hate using any kind of bug spray on the yard or my kids, but when my and my kids have such bad reactions we have to do something. If I get more than 5 bites it makes my heart race and hard to breathe.

    ReplyDelete