Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Freedom

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 2 Corinthians 3:17

Teaching my oldest a valuable lesson today. Elijah's at school, so I took the opportunity while I was already out to go ahead and go vote with Kyley and Asher. 
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App 
Kyley was very interested in the process so I tried to explain things step by step, and tell her WHY it was important to vote. 

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App 
Surprisingly the lines weren't bad, but I chose a great time to go, everyone had already filtered through for the morning rush and lunch rush hadn't occurred yet obviously. 

Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App 

We talked about the office of the president and how long they can serve, and things like that. She's not ready for deep politics, but she's definitely interested in the surface stuff. Why we have a president, why it's important in who we choose. She asked me on the way there about who I was going to vote for, and why people didn't want Obama to still be president. So I explained to her that not everything a president does is good for our country. So she said "Even George Washington was a bad president?" Well, no Kyley, I wouldn't say they are bad presidents, just that every president does good things and also bad things, no one is perfect. 

It's opened up a great opportunity to talk about sin. Teaching her that living in righteousness isn't easy and we don't always get it right, but we keep trying. 



Don't forget to go vote today!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment