Tuesday, November 13, 2012

A new do. And a few other things.

My tiny got a new hair do. 
 He looks so grown now!!! 
Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App 


And here's my few other things. 


 If I were to be honest, I wasn't ready to cut his hair. 


 However, I realized this week after the bazillionth person told me I should cut it that he looked like a girl, that I wanted to punch that person. It wasn't their fault, not totally anyhow. I shouldn't let people get to me like that. Anyhow, I realized that if that was how I felt about it, I'd rather go ahead and cut it because I've been contemplating it for a while anyway, than feel contempt for someone who told me how they felt about it. 


 I do have this to say though. Please be careful in what you say to others. At what point is it ok to interject our opinions on other's lives? How many of you can say you have NEVER been hurt by someone else's opinion? I guarantee you not many. 

 I see this a LOT. Especially amongst mothers. There's this need to give your opinion and push how you feel on someone else. We need to realize how what we say affects other people. You never know when a casual mention of "Oh you should really cut his hair, he's starting to look like a girl." will make someone want to punch you in the face. Yall I'm just being real here.

 Proverbs 12:18 ESV 

There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing. 


Are we rash with the things we say? Or are we wise?

 I encourage you today, be careful what you say. Be mindful of other's feelings, and set boundaries for yourself. Would you like it if someone imposed how they felt on you? I know we all say we would be graceful about it, but chances are, we won't. 

 Encourage one another and lift each other up. It's the best healing.

No comments:

Post a Comment