Monday, July 11, 2011

Finally! Success!!!

If you've been reading my blog for a while, you may remember THIS post.

Oh boy has this been a long time coming...

I'm so excited to say that we are FINALLY done with diapers for Elijah! At 3 years & 3 months old almost to the day (we started on the 4th full time)  He has been without a diaper for a week now.

I couldn't be a prouder mommy to this sweet boy. He goes on his own, without help (unless he needs wiped) and he's only had a handful of accidents and they were mostly a timing issue or at night when he can't wake himself up to go yet.

We'd been going diaper free at home for several months but not out of the house because he couldn't be consistent in telling us he had to go, and my stubborn boy would not settle for "trying" to go every so often, he only goes when HE needs to.

He may be stubborn, but when he was ready, he was ready. I'm so glad to be on the other side of the hill (ok well mostly)

Lord, please let Asher not be as stubborn and make things so hard on mommy. lol.

Anyhow, to celebrate his new achievement I think I'm going to order him these...



He is going to be so thrilled, he loves Phineas and Ferb right now, so this will make his day :)

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! That is AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! My son just turned two, and he seems ready, so we've been starting, little by little. My daughter took forever to fully pt, I hope this time goes a little smoother!

    ReplyDelete