Thursday, July 7, 2011

Answer's to life's questions?

I wrote this post on my myspace blog many years ago, but felt it was worth sharing here. I love hearing God's voice and this is just one example.

* Please note that throughout this blog , the use of "Daddy" is not directed at my earthly father, but yet a term of endearment between my Heavenly Father and the personal relationship i share with Him.*

Answers....


Daddy, why does death hurt so badly? Why does it bring so much pain? Death to our earthly desires, death to our will for our lives as opposed to Your perfect will, and death to our old way of thinking...? All of these types of death bring forth strength, but Daddy, physical death, where is the strength in that? The joy of the Lord is my strength, I am quickly reminded by your sweet, still voice. Your joy... it shall be my strength. But Lord, where shall i find such joy in death? Your reply to me is resounding in my mind. "My child, my joy is found in my resurrection," You say. So I ponder this for a moment.

Resurrection, what does it mean?

1. the act of rising from the dead.
2. (initial capital letter) the rising of Christ after His death and burial.
3. (initial capital letter) the rising of the dead on Judgment Day.
4. the state of those risen from the dead.
5. a rising again, as from decay, disuse, etc.; revival.

Another source cites resurrection as a revival from inactivity and disuse.

Revival from inactivity? But Father, what does this have to do with my grieving? What does this have to do with my hurt and pain? "Listen closely, My child," You reply, " your mourning for a life resurrected to be with me is only the beginning my dear. Your earthly desires, your personal will for your life, your way of living, all of this is merely the beginning. Your mind in these states is at a moment of inactivity. Take heed my dear child, and draw close to Me. Rise above this earthly world full of traps and snares, and hold your head high. Rise above all circumstances, all inactivity, all disuse, and be resurrected by My power! Be revived my child, oh that I might use you to do something great for My kingdom."

2 comments: