Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Why I'm here.

*also written several years ago on my MySpace blog, but I wanted to share here*


Have you ever wondered why we were put here on this earth?
Isaiah 43:7 says...  "Everyone who is called by My name,
      Whom I have created for My glory;
      I have formed him, yes, I have made him."
and Colossians 1:16 says... "For by Him all things were created that are in heaven and that are on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or principalities or powers. All things were created through Him and for Him."
These scriptures tell us that everyone called by His name is created for His glory- and in Colossians it tells us that all things created in heaven and on earth are created by Him, through Him, and for Him. So we have all been placed here for His glory.
What exactly is glory?
According to www.dictionary.com  the word glory can be said to mean

..> ..>
1. very great praise, honor, or distinction bestowed by common consent; renown

..
2. something that is a source of honor, fame, or admiration; a distinguished ornament or an object of pride


3. adoring praise or worshipful thanksgiving: 


4. resplendent beauty or magnificence.


5. a state of great splendor, magnificence, or prosperity.

..
6. a state of absolute happiness, gratification, contentment, etc.

..
7. the splendor and bliss of heaven

Our job is to bring him glory- we were created to worship Him! 
 This brings me to the point of this blog- a song I love.
The chorus simply says "To worship You I live, to worship You I live, I live to worship You."
I live to worship Him- worship doesn't mean we have to sing to Him constantly- it doesn't mean we have to jump up and down and shout, it just simply means for us to bring Him glory.  We can do that by allowing our minds to be transformed, and living as a representative of Christ.  We once had a saying in our youth group about things we did or said, to know you were bringing God glory, we'd say " as a representative of Jesus Christ... (fill in the blank with whatever action/word/thought you were having or contemplating)" and if it wasn't something that would reflect good on the name of Jesus, then we probably shouldn't do that.
Romans 12:1-2
 1 I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. 2 And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God.
It is our job to bring Him glory- are you reflecting that in your life?


The lyrics to the song...
Away away from the noise
alone with you
away away to hear your voice
and meet with you
nothing else matters my one desire is
 To worship you I live
to worship you I live I live to worship you
To worship you I live
to worship you I live I live to worship you
oh oh
 Away away, away away from the noise alone with you
Away away to hear your voice and meet with you
It's been a while but heart my heart cry again
: To worship you I live
to worship you I live I live to worship you
To worship you I live
to worship you I live I live to worship you
To worship you I live
to worship you I live I live to worship you
oh oh

Is this your hearts desire? To get away from the noise.... to get alone with Him...to bring Him glory?

Father, I thank You for your living Word and your perfect will for our lives. Lord I pray that you will mold me and make me into the person you have created me to be- Lord help me to refocus my life and get alone with You, worship You, and bring you glory. May your will for my life and that of my family's be manifested in us through our worship of You. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment