Friday, January 13, 2012

Silence.

Well hello there my dear blog.

Forgive me for abandoning you for so long.

As the new year has began I've chosen to take the time to refrain from blogging and be silent.  I wish to use this blog to record our family life, but I also want to post what God lays on my heart, and I've spent these first few days praying for just that.

Often we get busy with life and forget to be silent.  

One of my favorite verses is this :

Psalm 46:10   Be still and know that I am God.

There is so much wisdom in this.   Be still.

Oh my, is life busy sometimes, we want to go, go, go, and do, do, do.  But all God asks us to do is BE STILL. 

In my life this means a lot of things, it's a time to quiet my mind and my voice and just listen.

Have you ever laid outside and just listened to nature. One night, I went outside and laid on the front porch and just enjoyed the cool breeze on my face and listening to the sounds around me. Now I live in the city, but late at night when the city life settles down you can still hear the beautiful sounds of crickets and frogs, and the stillness that comes with night.  

I kinda feel like that is what God is asking us to do. He speaks with a still small voice, and sometimes we just need to get alone, somewhere where the "city life" is still and asleep.  Where His cool refreshing wind can fall upon us and we can hear His voice.

I didn't really set any resolutions this year. But this is one goal I hope to achieve with His help.   To be still. To walk in His presence and feel His cool breeze on my cheek. To hear His voice.

No comments:

Post a Comment