Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A bride and groom.

I posted this quote on Facebook earlier today.

A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.

Mignon McLaughlin

In 30 minutes time I got more responses via likes and comments and shares, than almost everything I post put together. (ok so that's not ALWAYS true, but sometimes I feel like stuff I post doesn't get seen, or people just don't care)

Marriage is so beautiful. Marriage is sacred. 

But I don't want to talk about that bride and groom.  I want to talk about the church as Christ's bride. Waiting eagerly to spend eternity with each other.

Anticipation is a beautiful thing.  I remember the day I married my best friend, and the anticipation of walking down the aisle and seeing his face, as he awaited his bride. The joy on his face, and the tear in his eye.    I can only imagine what it was like for him.

We must wait with eager anticipation for our Christ. For the time that He will step out on the clouds in the eastern sky, and we will walk down the aisle to be with Him forever.


Now back to that quote I mentioned.
A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person.

Mignon McLaughlin

Do we really grasp what it means to fall in love with Christ over and over, and over again?    Are we waiting with anticipation, and falling in love more and more with each passing day?   Are we fighting for our 'marriage' and spending time with Him, even when we feel like we don't have the time. Are we doing  the things that please Him even if we feel like we are not good enough?

What are some ways you fall in love with Jesus all over again?




No comments:

Post a Comment