Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Thanks for all the ideas... and a few updates.

Warning: I'm about to write an entire post and not have any pictures... I know, such a tragedy.

First up on the agenda, I want to thank all of you wonderful readers who have left me a comment on my last post with ideas on how to get my 5 yr old to clean her room. I am working on a few things to try to encourage her, we'll see how it goes over time. Not jumping to conclusions yet (her room is NOT clean at the moment). 

Next up. Magnet School.
Yesterday was Kyley's evaluation for magnet school. I'm somewhat excited and somewhat sad.
I can't picture my baby girl going to big school for one, and two I do have a part of me that wants to homeschool.
We should know something in about six weeks to whether she gets in or not. If she does, we'll send her, if she doesn't we'll homeschool. We've pretty much said ok God whatever Your will is, we'll do it.

She was excited yesterday about the evaluation and enjoyed it. From what I gather they just asked her a bunch of questions trying to get a grasp on her learning curve etc.

Today when we got ready for school she asked if it was her last day in her little school and she'd be going to big school tomorrow. Um no sweetie, sorry that isn't until August. LOL

Today we go to dance, and she's getting her new dance costume. yay. I can't wait to see it and get pictures of her in it! This year's costume is PRECIOUS.

Tomorrow Kyley has a pediatrician appointment to get all of her shots etc for her 5 yr check up so she can go to school! She's actually excited about it. Poor girl, she has no idea. 

Elijah is growing like a weed. He's talking a lot and showing interest in potty training. Thanks to grandma he's stocked up on big boy undies now.  He's worn them around the house, and prefers them but won't sit on the potty often enough so we're just taking it one day at a time. 
However, he rips his diaper off anytime he doesn't have pants on... so we've either got to get him to leave it on, or get him to sit on the potty. hmmm.

I finished my Bloom book. Same Kind of Different as Me. Expect a post soon about that.

Other than that, nothing much new. Glad to be able to "catch up" a bit on blogging hopefully soon!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a lot is going on! Keep us posted on Ky and school! Also we're on the potty training train now. Yawn.

    ReplyDelete