Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Year- Same Passion

I feel like I don't always take enough time to actually write on my blog. I share pictures for friends and family that want to see, I share stories about the kids and what they're up to, but I feel like I often neglect to write about what God lays on my heart. And I shouldn't. I've really been praying about where God is leading me, and leading us as a family and I want to write it all down here so I can remember what I've been praying for and what God has been showing me. So here are a few of the things I feel led to achieve in 2010

  • First and foremost to continue to grow closer to Christ. To spend time in prayer and fasting and reading His word.
  • To develop new ways to teach our children the ways of the Lord. To show them His heart through everything I do. 
  • To make a conscious effort to put my marriage first above all else. 
  • To speak love and kindness from my mouth with EVERY word I speak.
  • To be more organized in my own life and in our home. 
  • To make it a priority to read the Word to our kids. While we often read to them, it's not always PRIORITY. and it should be. 
  • .To not only read the Word with the kids but to discuss it and help them to begin to understand what it says.
  • To take care of my body and those of my family. To cook healthy meals, and have healthy snacks available. To work out on my own and to encourage the kids to be active as well. 
  • To do outreach as a family on our own outside of the church walls. 
  • To pray and seek God's will for our direction.

I'm hopeful that by this time next year, I can look back on this and say, hey you know I have seen God help me achieve each and every one of these through His help.
One thing I've learned is, that it is a process though. I cannot resolve to do these things as a HUGE yearly goal, but these must be daily goals for me and my family. Every day to strive to bring glory to His name and to do His will.

Lord, help us to know You more. Help us to seek Your face and Your will for our lives. Lord, teach me to be a Godly wife, mother, and friend and to be more like You. Help me to speak kind words out of love whenever I speak, and help me to look to You in times where I feel I cannot. Help me to hide Your word in my heart, Lord, and to teach it to my children daily. May Your praises be on our lips continually.
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. This post speaks to my heart... I'm with you on all of this, you're not alone, Melanie!

    Bookmark this post, and look at it every Monday in order to keep your sight on these goals -- let us know how you're doing along the way :)

    Love you, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am on your team. walking.right.beside.you.

    xo

    ReplyDelete