Wednesday, July 30, 2008

As yourself...

8 Times in the NKJV the Bible tells us to "love your neighbor as yourself."   Jesus even says that it is one of the greatest commandments, second only to loving God with all your heart, mind, and soul. God has really been stirring my heart lately on how to do this- but not in a typical way you'd think, but he's been dealing with me about the "as yourself."  You see, we can love someone without loving ourselves, but God calls us to love our neighbors as ourselves.  But what does that mean?  I'm not talking about being conceited and the likes, but I mean truely appreciating who you are in Christ, the beautiful creation He made you to be.  We, as humans, are the only creature that was created in His holy image and how thankful should we be for the way God made us, even despite the things we see as "faults."   I've had plenty of opportunity in my life to dislike who I was... but I am so thankful to God for who He has made me in Him! It's time we realize how beautiful and worthy He thinks we are, and start loving others the same! If we could see every individual through God's eyes, we'd have a lot more compassion, a lot more patience, and overall a lot more holy love for one another.

I challenge you to put off the thoughts of your "faults" and realize the truth, that God made you very special just for who you are- and to use you in His kindgom,  Psalm 139 gives us a huge picture at how important God thinks we are- I encourage you to read it! Psalm 139

Allow God to use you to not only see yourself as worthy but others as well, and love them as God loves you!

No comments:

Post a Comment