Wednesday, June 19, 2013

What's new in the world of our kids.

I feel like I haven't updated on how our kids are doing in a LONG time. So I want to document here, where they have grown and  how much fun they are having!

Kyley is now a THIRD GRADER!  She finished her very first chapter book and is almost done with the next. I knew it was just a matter of figuring out it wasn't as hard as she thought it would be. 
She told us after she was almost done with the first that reading was FUN!   If you have followed the blog for any length of time, you KNOW this is huge for my girl, and I'm so excited for the opportunities this will open up for her to flourish and learn at her own rate now!
She finished her 5th year of dance and her 1st year of softball this past month, and she had a blast. She made a lot of new friends this year, that I think will stick around for a long time and for that I am grateful.
She had a great time at camp already this summer, and came home excited that she feels called into children's ministry as she gets older!  I'm so glad to know she's listening to the voice of God and hearing His plan for her life!
Some of her favorite things right now are:
Making crafts, any and everything, especially jewelry.
Writing her own songs.
Reading.
Shopping.
Driving her brothers crazy :)

Elijah just finished preschool and is now officially a KINDERGARTENER!
He is growing and learning so much about life right now.
He just finished his first year of t-ball, and while he had a hard time paying attention sometimes, he did a great job and had a great time! I can't wait to see how he does in the next few years as his attention span extends and he learns the game.
Elijah has grown so much over the last year and I'm constantly amazed at the things he is learning.
Some of his favorite things right now:
Singing praise and worship.
Playing with his superheros.
Playing his leappad.
Playing on the Kindle.
Playing in the pool.

Asher is 2 & 1/2 and thinks he's 12. The kid cracks me up daily.
He thinks he's as grown as the other two and can do anything they do.
His vocabulary has grown leaps and bounds over the last few months. He tells me full stories, and can hold an entire conversation with you.
He recently gave up his paci, which I'm sure helped the speech, but also he's been working on potty training.  We haven't gotten the hang of it yet, but it won't be long, I'm sure!
 Asher went through a few months recently where he was TERRIFIED of water. It was so bad that just to give the kid a bath I'd have to pretty much throw him in, hold him down, bathe him while he tried to climb out and immediately get him out. All while he screamed.  I'm happy to say that he is finally over that and loves the splashpad and our kiddie pool to no end. He still isn't as happy in the bath as he is outside in the water, but it's no longer a how fast can I climb out act.
Some of his favorite things are:
Singing oh happy day (over and over and over again)
Playing the guitar or drums
Hanging out with Matt Matt
Playing Elijah's Leappad
Eating peanut butter with graham crackers
Making a mess with EVERYTHING.


I cannot believe how fast they are all growing. I cannot wait to see what the next few months hold in store for them all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment