Tuesday, January 1, 2013

My Prayer.

There are so many things I want in my life for my children. 

I wish for them to grow up knowing right from wrong.

I wish for them to treat others kindly.

I wish for them to learn how to make mistakes and learn from them.

I wish for them to love themselves.

I wish for them to learn to be fair, and just, and compassionate to others.

We all want our kids to grow up and be successful.  We want our kids to make something of themselves. We set expectations high and we push our kids to be better people and learn from even our own mistakes.

In all of my years pastoring youth and children, I've learned a few things.  And one of the most important is this.

None of the things I pray over my children are important if they don't KNOW HIS VOICE.

So may my prayer be daily and forever this. That my children know Christ, and KNOW His voice.

May they know His voice clearly and may He make Himself known to them.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment